Saturday, February 09, 2008

Sächsische Kartoffelsuppe

I've come to realize that one of my favorite foods I've found in Germany is potato soup. I love me some good potato soup. So it's surprising I haven't tried until now to just make it myself.
A quick google search for "Sächsiche Kartoffelsuppe Rezept" (Saxony Potato Soup Recipe) provides a lot of recipes. Learning to make it "Saxony-style" will give me another nice "souvenir" when and if I ever leave here.

I made a giant pot recently.
Of course it starts with lotsa potatoes and veggies





Here it is pre-stab-mixer - one of the greatest little appliances I've got that makes quick work of 5 liters of veggies like nobody's business

I even made a time-lapse movie of myself making the giant pot of Kartoffelsuppe in my kitchen - but unfortunately my camera's broken and somehow decided to do this vignette thing which actually covered up where most of the action was in cutting up all the different veggies.
anyway:




And of course for echte Sächsische Kartoffelsuppe brauchen wir ein paar Sächsische Wiener Würstchen dazu:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sächsische Kartoffelsuppe ist wirklich lecker...und ein absoluter Dresden-Heimweh-Faktor...