Monday, August 06, 2007

Can you see the fish in this picture?


(click to enlarge)

I was looking through my diving pics again, and was looking at this picture of a giant clam, and realized there's a scorpionfish right smack in the middle of it!!! I'm so excited! I never saw it when I was taking the picture. And those guys are fun to find. I've never seen one in real life. That, is, been aware of seeing one. They are also among the most poisonous fish (nasty spines), which in combination with their camouflage offers another reason just not to touch anything down there. even harmless giant clams.
For an idea of size, this clam was probably about half a meter wide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's an incredible fish! Hey, how lucky was that shot, haha... and it's a good quality picture. Congratulations :)