Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cairns

Well, I've left Melbourne. {sigh} Earlier than I would have liked, especially since I was basically sick the whole time. Yesterday the sun came out and I spent the afternoon in the impressive royal botanic gardens which was really relaxing. And now I have 7 hours in Cairns before I get on the boat. Still a bit sick. I had to sign a form saying I wasn't congested for the diving. But there's no way I was gonna let them kick me off that boat or something. I figure I managed the plane flight so I'm good to go. Anyway, I'll know when I'm in the water if I can equalize or not.
At least it's somewhat warm here. But currently overcast.
On the bus ride to town I talked to an Australian girl who spent a year at the University of Michigan, was at UVA for a bit as well, and was just in Melbourne with a friend who is in school in Dresden like across the street from me. small world.


1 comment:

EuroTrippen said...

Wow, you've been all over the place this summer! What happened to the guy who wrote he didn't travel much because he didn't have time?

I'm constantly amazed at how many english-speaking expats are hiding out in Dresden...