Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sometimes the light way..is the RIGHT way...to enjoy the High Life....

These are some of the best commercials I have ever seen. I remembered "Scurvy" and "Deviled Egg" from when they aired on TV. But I had no idea there were so many! And so many are so good.
And didn't know these were by Errol Morris. I really like the camera angles and depth of field tricks, and of course the guy's voice is priceless. They are soothing and funny and stereotypically masculine all at the same time.
Also particularly good are: (and I'm only halfway though)
Broken Window strikes a chord living in Europe now :)
Boat Yea
h, I have an SUV, and my pops taught me how to tow things.
Cheating
Can't say I'm there yet...but as a Texan....I understand
FlamZ
yes yes yes. This last one reminds me of a embarrassing and funny story. My first year in graduate school I was set up on a date with a nice young woman. I think it was the second date, and it involved going back to her house, getting a bite, and watching a video. She had a fireplace, and I suggested we make a fire, it'd be fun, and I could show off my masculine prowess at building and lighting a fire from scratch. Long story short - or rather short story shorter - I spend 15 minutes being a man building this "fire" and unsuccessfully getting it to light. repeatedly. But I wasn't going to give up. I mean, c'mon. But then her (female) roommate comes in, asks if she can help, and in about 20 seconds has the logs and kindling rearranged and then lit. beautifully. I don't remember exactly, but there may have even been some sort of light arguing on how to build a fire just prior to that. Anyway, that was the last date this girl decided she wanted to see me....:)



1 comment:

Lara said...

Ouch!

If it's any consolation, my mom once decided to make a BBQ at my grandmother's house. She tipped in all of the woodchips (two packs worth), then dropped in a lit match.

SHE DIDN'T REALISE SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO PUT THE CHARCOAL BISCUITS FIRST.

Flames to the roof of the house, I tell ya.